Parenting After Infertility
In most ways, parenting after infertility is no different from general parenting. Your life is filled with getting your kids to sleep, try new foods, and succeed in school. However, you are a different person and a different parent because of your struggle with infertility. It is worth thinking about some of the unique ways that infertility affects your parenting style.
Parents who conceived with the help of sperm donation, egg donation, surrogacy, or embryo donation (third party reproduction) also need to decide how and when to talk with their children about their conception. We have a separate section with many resources to help you.
Creating a Family has many resources on parenting after infertility. Here are a few more we think you will find particularly helpful:
- Parenting After Infertility: How Does Infertility Affect Your Parenting (1 hr. radio show w/ experts)
- Preventing Mommy Burnout (1 hr. radio show w/ expert)
- Donor Conceived Adults Speak Out (blog post)
- One Thing You MUST Know if You Used Donor Sperm, Egg, or Embryo (blog post)
- Do You Have a Favorite Child? (blog post)
- Suggested Books for Older Parents by Adoption and Fertility Treatment
Many more Creating a Family radio interviews with experts, videos, blogs, fact sheets, and Q and A’s with Experts on how infertility can affect parenting can be found at the icons below.Image credit: Donnie Ray Jones