Talking with Kids about Donor Egg, Sperm, Embryo & Surrogacy
Parents often wonder how they can explain a concept this complex to children and at what age should they tell.
Creating a Family has many resources to explain the advantages of talking with children about egg, sperm, and embryo donation and surrogacy and how to tell. A few we think you will find particularly helpful are:
- Top Ten Tips for Telling Children About Donor Egg, Sperm, and Embryo (fact sheet)
- Sperm or Egg Donation = Half Adoption?!? (blog post)
- Talking with Older Kids about Donor Egg, Sperm, or Embryo (blog post)
- How to Talk with Kids About Donor Conception (1 hr. radio show w/ experts)
- Suggested Books for Children Conceived Through Fertility Treatments, Sperm Donation, Egg Donation, Embryo Donation, and Surrogacy
Many more Creating a Family radio interviews with experts, videos, blogs, fact sheets, and Q and A’s with Experts on talking with kids about third-party conception can be found at the icons below.
Image credit: Gracie and Viv