Talking with Kids about Donor Egg, Sperm, Embryo & Surrogacy
Many psychologist believe that children conceived with sperm donation, egg donation, embryo donation, and surrogacy should be told about their conception with third party reproduction. Parents often wonder how they can explain a concept this complex to children and at what age should they tell.
Creating a Family has many resources to explain the advantages of talking with children about egg, sperm, and embryo donation and surrogacy and how to tell. A few we think you will find particularly helpful are:
- Top Ten Tips for Telling Children About Donor Egg, Sperm, and Embryo (fact sheet)
- One Thing You MUST Know if You Used Donor Sperm, Egg, or Embryo (blog post)
- Talking with Older Kids about Donor Egg, Sperm, or Embryo (blog post)
- Donor Conception: Navigating Bio Family & Sibling Relationships (1 hr. interview w/ experts)
- Suggested Books for Children Conceived Through Fertility Treatments, Sperm Donation, Egg Donation, Embryo Donation, and Surrogacy
Many more Creating a Family radio interviews with experts, videos, blogs, fact sheets, and Q and A’s with Experts on talking with kids about third party conception can be found at the icons below.
Image credit: Gracie and Viv