Living with Infertility
Living with infertility is hard physically, emotionally, spiritually and financially. We talk about this experience with Andrea Syrtash. She struggled with infertility for over 10 years and recently became a mom through surrogacy. She is a relationship expert and coach and TV personality and the founder of Pregnantish, an online lifestyle magazine dedicated to helping singles, couples and LGBT navigate infertility.
- What was your infertility journey?
- How many IVF cycles?
- Why did you start Pregnantish?
- The grief of pregnancy loss regardless of what stage of pregnancy?
- Infertility can be a physical, emotional, spiritual, and financial burden. They are all there, but which have been the hardest for you to navigate?
- Balancing your life with fertility treatment. What are some of the challenges?
- What was the surrogacy experience?
- There is a lot of misunderstanding about surrogacy. Some who haven’t experienced it see it as the easy way out.
- What are some of the emotions that are common when another woman is carrying your baby?
- What is important when choosing a surrogate?
- What are the biggest misconceptions about fertility and infertility?
- I’ve talked with many people who once they have a child after a long infertility struggle, don’t know where they fit. Are they still infertile in their minds? Do they feel fully in the mommy club? What has been your experience?
Don’t miss an episode. Be sure to subscribe.
Music credit: Michael Ashworth
Image credit: Gino Crescoli