Required Documentation for Adoption Grants & Loans
A: Here are a few examples of the most common types of documentation that are usually required.
- Notarized copy of your completed home study
- Net worth (listing of debts versus assets)
- Income tax return records for 2-3 years
- Listing of adoption expenses that haven been paid and what still needs to be paid
- Monthly cash flow or budget
This is not an exhaustive list of items or documents that you will need for adoption grants and loans. Each application is different, so make sure to check the requirements of the grants or loans you are applying for.
Cherri Walrod is the founder and director of Resources 4 Adoption. She is dedicated to providing adoptive families with the most accurate and current information about adoption financing options. For more information on this topic, visit our resource page on adoption grants or loans and visit our blog: “Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Adoption Grants.”Image credit: striatic