Adoption Grants and Loans
The cost of adoption (both domestic infant adoptions and international adoptions) can be more than many families have sitting unused in their savings. Adoption grants and loans are available, but the competition is great and many grants are only available for the adoption of a child with special needs. Loans specifically for adoption are also available. Keep in mind that adoptions from foster care cost very little or nothing.
Creating a Family has many resources on affording adoption. A few we think you will find particularly helpful are:
- Adoption Grants and Loans (1 hr podcast with experts)
- Paying for Adoption (1 hr podcast discussion adoption grants and loans)
- Adoption Subsidies and Benefits When Adopting from Foster Care (1 hr podcast with experts)
- 9 Ways an Average Person Can Pay for Adopting a Child (fact sheet)
- Why Should Adoptive Parents Get Subsidies & Not Birth Parents (blog post)
Many more Creating a Family interviews with experts, blogs, and fact sheets on loans and grants for adoption can be found at the icons below.
Image credit: Brittany Randolph