Adoption Grants and Loans
The cost of adoption (both domestic infant adoptions and international adoptions) can be more than many families have sitting unused in their savings. Adoption grants are available, but the competition is great and many grants are only available for the adoption of a child with special needs. Loans specifically for adoption are also available. Keep in mind that adoptions from foster care cost very little or nothing.
Creating a Family has many resources on Adoption Grants and Loans. A few we think you will find particularly helpful are:
- Adoption Grants and Loans (1 hr radio interview with experts)
- Paying for Adoption (1 hr radio interview discussion adoption grants and loans)
- Adoption Subsidies and Benefits When Adopting from Foster Care (1 hr radio interview with experts)
- 9 Ways an Average Person Can Pay for Adopting a Child (fact sheet)
- Why Should Adoptive Parents Get Subsidies & Not Birth Parents (blog post)
More Creating a Family radio interviews with experts, videos, blogs, fact sheets, and Q and A’s with Experts on loans and grants for adoption can be found at the icons below.
Image credit: Brittany Randolph