Practical Tips for Disciplining While Maintaining Attachment Webinar with Deborah Gray
Sign-up to attend a FREE 1-hour live interactive webinar on Thursday, November 3 at 7:30 PM EST with Deborah Gray, MSW, MPA, author of Attaching in Adoption and Attaching Through Love, Hugs, and Play. Deborah will explore discipline techniques to help adoptive parents discipline their children while maintaining a strong attachment. There will be an interactive Q&A at the end of the webinar. Please submit questions in advance to email@example.com.
This webinar is brought to you with generous support from:
This webinar is designed for adoption social workers, adoption professionals, and adoptive parents.
Participants will be able to:
- Explain how trauma affects attachment and should impact the way parents discipline.
- Explain the role of positive enforcement in disciplining adopted children.
- List 3 positive enforcement techniques parents can take.
- Describe what makes an effective disciplinary reward system.
- Identify 3 parenting tools that should be in every adoptive parent’s tool kit.
- List two disciplinary techniques to address challenging behaviors such as lying and stealing?
- Describe effective ways to discipline teens.
Social Worker Continuing Education Information:
Social Work Practice Level: Intermediate
1 Hour CE credit
* Please note the webinar is free, however, there is a course fee of $20 to receive a Certificate of Completion for social workers seeking CE credit unless you are working with one of our partner agencies. Partner agencies can give you a passcode to use at checkout, which will provide you with free access to our AdoptEd CE for Social Workers learning center. Ask your agency if they are an Education Partner or Impact Partner with Creating a Family. If they are not, but would like more information, have them contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. At the end of the webinar, information will be given to interested participants on how to access our AdoptEd CE for Social Workers to complete a 10-question quiz (you must pass with 80%) and required course evaluation in order to view/download the online Certificate of Completion.
Course Categories: Social work practice, knowledge and skills/Social work clinical practice
Accreditations and Approvals:
Creating a Family, #1488, is pending approval as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) Program. Creating a Family maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB Approval Period: 11/ /2016 to / /2019. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval for continuing education credits.
For information on specific continuing education requirements by jurisdiction or mental health field we recommend contacting your licensing board or accrediting organization for the most current requirements from your state or territory. ASWB offers a quick reference of Social Work Laws and Regulations that you may find helpful.
Please contact the Education Director with questions regarding the webinar or for technical assistance or disability accommodations.