Setting Up Effective Kinship Navigator Programs
Do you serve kinship families? Are you wondering how to best to meet their needs? Should you consider creating a kinship navigator program? We talk with Stephanie Perkowski, a Social Worker and Policy Analyst at Chapin Hall at the University of Chicago; Julia Donovan, the Program Director of Ohio’s statewide Kinship and Adoption Navigator program, OhioKAN; and Tia-Maria Smith, the Program Director for Pennsylvania KinConnector which helps informal and formal kinship families find the information, resources, and emotional support they need.
In this episode, we cover:
- What are navigator programs?
- Who usually sets up either kinship or adoption navigator programs?
- How are these programs funded?
- How to get these programs evidenced-based and why is that important?
- How do kinship or adoptive families find out about them?
- What type of advertising is effective?
- What works in making the site user-friendly?
- What type of resources should be included in these programs?
- How to evaluate the effectiveness of these programs?
Don’t miss an episode. Be sure to subscribe.
Leave us a rating or review.
Music Credit: Michael Ashworth
Image Credit: Ashley