Fundraising for Adoption
Given the cost of adoption in the US, some parents decide to fundraise to help pay for it. When fundraising to afford adoption, prospective parents must be careful of how much information they share about the child. It’s also important that they take care to not overwhelm their friends and family with repeated requests.
Creating a Family has many resources on adoption fundraising. A few we think you will find particularly helpful are:
- 9 Ways an Average Person Can Pay for Adopting a Child (fact sheet)
- 78 Creative Fundraising Ideas (fact sheet)
- Adoption Fundraising Etiquette – How Not to Be a Pest (article)
- Is Adoption Fundraising Insensitive, Disrespectful, & Uncompassionate? (article)
- How to Afford Adoption (1 hr. podcast w/ expert)
Many more Creating a Family interviews with experts, blogs, and fact sheets on adoption fundraising can be found at the icons below.
Image credit: Eastlake Times