Given the cost of adoption in the US, some parents decide to fundraise to help pay for it. When fundraising to afford adoption, prospective parents must be careful of how much information they share about the child. It’s also important that they take care to not overwhelm their friends and family with repeated requests.
Creating a Family has many resources on Fundraising for Adoption. A few we think you will find particularly helpful are:
- 9 Ways an Average Person Can Pay for Adopting a Child (fact sheet)
- 78 Creative Fundraising Ideas (fact sheet)
- Adoption Fundraising Etiquette – How Not to Be a Pest (blog post)
- Is Adoption Fundraising Insensitive, Disrespectful, & Uncompassionate? (blog post)
- How to Afford Adoption (1 hr. radio interview w/ expert)
Many more Creating a Family radio interviews with experts, videos, blogs, fact sheets, and Q and A’s with Experts on fundraising for adoption can be found at the icons below.
Image credit: Eastlake Times