The cost of adoption in the US varies by the type of adoption you choose for your family. Adoptive parents who choose domestic infant adoption or international adoption are often surprised by the cost. They wonder how the average person can afford to adopt.
There are options are available to help you afford the cost of adoption, in addition to seeking out adoption grants or loans or fundraising. The adoption tax credit can also help people afford to adopt.
If you are struggling with how to afford adoption, Creating a Family has many resources to help. The recent resources we think you will find particularly helpful are:
- Adoption Tax Credit Guide 2022 (annual guide)
- 10 Ways to Help You Maximize the Adoption Tax Credit (article)
- Finding a Tax Specialist To File Your Adoption Tax Credit Claim (article)
- Why is it Taking So Long to Get an Adoption Match? (article)
- Adoption Tax Credit 2022 (1 hr. podcast w/ experts)
- Adoption Tax Credit 2022 (1 hr. online course w/ tax experts, Certificate of Completion available for educational credits w/ passing grade)
Many more Creating a Family interviews with experts, blogs, and fact sheets on affording adoption can be found at the icons below.
Image credit: TaxRebate.org.uk