The cost of adoption in the US varies by the type of adoption you choose for your family. Adoptive parents who choose domestic infant adoption or international adoption are often surprised by the cost. They wonder how the average person can afford to adopt.
There are options are available to help you afford the cost of adoption, in addition to seeking out adoption grants or loans or fundraising. The adoption tax credit can also help people afford to adopt.
If you are struggling with how to afford adoption, Creating a Family has many resources to help. A few we think you will find particularly helpful are:
- CreatingaFamilyEd.org online course for the Adoption Tax Credit 2021 (1 hr. downloadable course w/ tax experts ) (A Certificate of Completion is available for educational credits.)
- Adoption Tax Credit 2021 (annual 1 hr. podcast w/ tax experts)
- Adoption Tax Credit 2021 Guide (annual guide)
- Adoption Tax Credit: How to Find the Expert You Need (article)
- How to Afford Adoption (1 hr. podcast w/ expert)
- Saving Money for Adoption the Dave Ramsey Way (1 hr. podcast/ expert)
- 9 Ways an Average Person Can Pay for Adopting a Child (fact sheet)
Many more Creating a Family interviews with experts, blogs, and fact sheets on affording adoption can be found at the icons below.
Image credit: TaxRebate.org.uk