Fun & Simple Ways to Develop Attachment
We know that attachment is crucial for adopted and foster kids for their mental and physical health. What are some fun and simple ways to help you and your child attach? Host Dawn Davenport, Executive Director of Creating a Family, the national adoption & foster care education and support nonprofit, interviews Deborah Gray, adoption therapist, “attachment guru”, and author of Attaching through Love, Hugs, and Play: Simple Strategies to Help Build Connections with Your Child and Attaching in Adoption: Practical Tools for Today’s Parents.
- Why is attachment important to children and to parents?
- What are the foundations of attachment?
- Importance of play in creating attachment in adoption.
- Why are routines so important in creating attachment?
- Promoting Attachment
- What is emotional looping?
Don’t miss an episode. Be sure to subscribe.
Leave us a rating or review.
Music credit: Michael Ashworth
Image credit: Daniela Dimitrova