Discrimination Against LGBTQ Foster and Adoptive Parents Hurts Children
- Current legal protections for LGBTQ+ youth in care and prospective foster and adoptive parents
- Court challenges to religious exemptions for child placement agencies
- Impact of religious refusal laws on the child welfare system
- Considers how religious refusal laws cost public funds by reducing the potential pool of foster and adoptive families
- Analyzes policies and characteristics of Texas and Michigan agencies as case studies for states with religious refusal laws.
You can read the entire report in more detail here.
Photo Credit: Getty Images from original report