Warning: Gross generalizations are being made. Proceed with caution.
- Private adoption agencies usually provide better services. (Prompter return of phone calls and emails, more personalized attention, etc.)
- Home studies are often completed faster at private adoption agencies.
- Placements usually happen faster with a private adoption agency.
- Private adoption agencies usually provide better post adoption support and support after the adoption.
- Public agencies cost less that private adoption agencies.
- Depending on your county, private agencies may work with the easier to place children. (Check with your county, since this is not true across the board.)