Panel of Kinship Caregivers: What’s It Really Like
What’s it like to have your world turned upside down when you become the parent to your grandchild, niece, or nephew? What are the hidden joys and challenges. In this podcast episode, we have a frank and open talk with a panel of kinship caregivers about their experience.
In this episode, we cover:
- What has been one of the greatest joys you’ve experienced as a kinship caregiver?
- What has been one of the greatest challenges you’ve had in raising your grandchild or niece or nephew?
- How has your age played into your parenting experience with this child?
- How has caring for your grandchild affects your friendships and activities?
- How do you handle the dual roles of being a mom to your grandchild and a mom to your grandchild’s parent? How has being a kinship caregiver impacted your role as parent to your child?
- Have you had to set boundaries with your child to protect your grandchild?
- How have you handle if your grandchild’s parent has another child? Would you take that child in as well?
- How have you learned about technology, screens, video gaming, etc. in order to parent a child of this younger generation?
Don’t miss an episode. Be sure to subscribe.
Music Credit: Michael Ashworth