Women and men choose single parenthood for many reasons, but the most common is that they want to be a parent and they have not found the right partner. What they share is a strong desire for parenthood. Their families can be formed through adoption or through fertility treatment.
- Adoption Comparison Charts: We analyze domestic infant adoption, foster care adoption, and the top countries for international adoption on the 25 factors to consider, including their acceptance of singles adopting.
- What Expectant Women Look for In Adoptive Parents (1 hr radio interview with adoption specialist-specifically discussed how singles are viewed)
- Are Single Women and Same Sex Couple Chosen by Birth Mothers (blog)
- Suggested Books on Adoption and Parenting as a Single Parent
- The Best of the Best Blog by Single Adoptive Parents
Single women may use donor sperm (with or without artificial insemination) and single men may use donor egg with surrogacy. Creating a Family has many resources on becoming a single parent via sperm or egg donation. A few we think you will find particularly helpful are:
- Artificial Insemination & Intrauterine Insemination (IUI) (1 hr radio interview with experts)
- Single Parenthood by Choice (1 hr radio interview with experts)
- Top Ten Tips for Choosing an Egg or Sperm Donor
- The Best of the Best Blog by Single Parents via Infertility Treatment
Many more Creating a Family radio interviews with experts, videos, blogs, fact sheets, and Q and A’s with Experts on single parenthood can be found at the icons below.