Twenty Things Adoptive Parents Need to Succeed
Host Dawn Davenport, Executive Director of Creating a Family, the national infertility & adoption education and support nonprofit, interviews Sherrie Eldridge, adoptee and author of the books Twenty Things Adoptive Parents Need to Succeed and Twenty Things Adopted Kids Wish Their Adoptive Parents Knew.
- How can parents talk with their kids about their adoption?
- How to share really difficult birth parent history with children. Our guest, Sherrie Eldridge, found out during her reunion with her birth mother that she was conceived after a rape. She shared with us how this made her feel and how adoptive parents can handle this information.
- What should adoptive parents do if their children are not interested in talking about adoption?
- Mixed emotions about adoption are very common and they sometimes express themselves in unusual ways.
- The overwhelming need of most adopted persons
- Who is the “real” parent of adopted kids?
Subscribe to Creating a Family Radio:
- Subscribe, rate, and review in iTunes
- Subscribe to our radio RSS feed
- Subscribe to our blog RSS feed
Image credit: nik_donna
Show originally aired in 2009.