Panel of Moms Raising Kids with Prenatal Alcohol Exposure/FASD
What’s it really like to raise a child with fetal alcohol syndrome or fetal alcohol spectrum disorders? What are the long term and short term impact of prenatal alcohol exposure on children? Host Dawn Davenport, Executive Director of Creating a Family, the national infertility & adoption education and support nonprofit, interviews three parents who are raising kids with FAS or FASD
- Did you know that your children had Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD) when you adopted?
- What is the difference between Fetal Alcohol Syndome (FAS) and Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD)?
- Did you have trouble getting your child diagnosed?
- How important is diagnosis?
- Do you ever feel angry at your child’s birth parents?
- Do you children fully realize that their struggles were caused by action of their birth parents?
- Typical symptoms of FASD.
- How does prenatal alcohol exposure and FASD impact a child at school?
- Resources that have helped you.
- Consider their developmental age, instead of their chronological ages, when setting expectations.
- Tips for parenting a child with FASD.
Subscribe to Creating a Family Radio:
- Subscribe, rate, and review in iTunes
- Subscribe to our radio RSS feed
- Subscribe to our blog RSS feed