Mental Health Issues with Adopted Kids
Do adopted children have more mental health issues, and if so, why? What are the most common mental health issues with adoption? Host Dawn Davenport, Executive Director of Creating a Family, the national infertility & adoption education and support nonprofit, interviews Dr. David Brodzinsky, Professor Emeritus of Psychology and former Director of Foster Care Counseling Project at Rutgers University, and author of the seminal book Being Adopted: The Lifelong Search for Self.
- What does the research show about how the kids and families are doing post adoption?
- What are the common mental health issues adopted kids face?
- How big of a risk do adoptees face of having mental health issues?
- Break mental health issues out by type of adoption: domestic infant, foster care, international adoption.
- What are the causes of a higher incidence of mental health issues in adoption?
- What role do parental expectations play in the mental health of adoptees and the strength of adoptive families?
Subscribe to Creating a Family Radio:
- Subscribe, rate, and review in iTunes
- Subscribe to our radio RSS feed
- Subscribe to our blog RSS feed