It is possible to do an independent private adoption without using an adoption agency? Host Dawn Davenport, Executive Director of Creating a Family, the national infertility & adoption education and support organization, interviews two of the top adoption attorneys that facilitate independent adoptions in the US: Steven M. Kirsh and Mark McDermott.
- Similarities between using an adoption agency or an adoption attorney.
- Differences between using an adoption agency or an adoption attorney.
- Resources for adoption law in specific states?
- What is a facilitator? Is using one a good idea?
- What is the best way to find a birth mother?
- What is the best way to avoid expectant parent scams?
- Where should you hire an attorney if your adoption is interstate?
- Can you can use an adoption attorney for special needs adoption?
- Are there states that are more adoption friendly than others?
- Are any of the following characteristics an impediment to independent adoption?
- Single Parent
- Can you sign up with both an agency and an adoption attorney?
- Typical cost of an independent adoption? Does it cost more than using an agency?
- How much money is at risk if an adoption falls through?
- Average amount of time it takes to adopt
- Risk factors and independent adoption
- Can an adoptive parent require a birth mother to undergo drug testing?
Subscribe to Creating a Family Radio:
- Subscribe, rate, and review in iTunes
- Subscribe to our radio RSS feed
- Subscribe to our blog RSS feed
Show originally aired in 2009.