Crucial Tips from a Pediatrician on Surviving Your Baby’s 1st Year
Host Dawn Davenport, Executive Director of Creating a Family, the national infertility & adoption education and support nonprofit, interviews Dr. Scott Cohen, author of Eat, Sleep, Poop: A Common Sense Guide to Your Baby’s First Year.
- Is colic hereditary? If a mother had colic as a baby will her child be more likely to have colic?
- What causes colic?
- How is colic treated?
- A lot of adoptive parents worry about the fact that their children are being fed formula rather than breast milk. Is there any evidence that this will harm the child?
- Can you continue nursing while undergoing an IVF cycle?
- Will the IVF drugs pass through the breast milk?
- Will antidepressants pass through the breast milk to the baby? Is it safe to take antidepressants while nursing?
- What’s the current theory on the types of food—spiciness, dairy, etc. for a nursing mother to eat?
- Do you need to worry about moderate alcohol consumption and breastfeeding?
- What is the best way to feed twins?
- How to breast feed twins?
- Feeding twins.
- Should you put twins on a feeding schedule?
- How does the development of a baby born prematurely differ from a baby born at full term?
- Should you give your baby a pacifiers?
- Is thumb sucking or pacifier sucking better for a baby?
- How to establish a bedtime for a very young infant?
- At what age are children physically ready to sleep through the night?
- At what age should you wean your baby off of nighttime feedings?
- How to train or teach babies to sleep through the night.
- Does nighttime crying hurt a child psychologically?
- Is there a way to sleep train a child without allowing them to cry it out?
- How long is too long to let a baby cry?
- Should we let him cry it out at nap time too?
- I have read that an infant’s brain processes day sleep and night sleep differently and thus you have to sleep train for both. Is this true?
- Is it better to have an early or late bedtime for a baby?
- Does it take longer to train a child to sleep through the night the older the child? Does sleep training take longer the longer the awakening at night habit has been in place?
- Adoptive parents worry that letting their children cry at night will interfere with attachment.
- How do you sleep train an adopted child?
- How do you sleep train a child adopted over the age of one?
Don’t miss an episode. Be sure to subscribe.
Leave us a rating or review.Image Credit: TheGiantVermin
Show originally aired in 2012.