Transracial Adoption from the Eyes of Adoptee, Birth Mom, and Adoptive Mom
Transracial adoption affects all parts of the adoption triad. We will talk today with a transracial adoptee and his birth mom and adopted mom. We will include tips for adoptive parents raising transracially adopted or fostered child.
In this episode, we cover:
- Transracial adoption from the eyes of adoptee
- Elementary years
- Middle and high school years
- Code switching
- Identity formation
- Reunion with birth family
- Birth Father?
- Birth Mother’s experience with reunion
- Her role in identity formation
- Her feelings on reunion
- Adoptive Mother’s experience
- Tips for adoptive and foster parents
- Kyle Bullock’s Instagram: kb_2090
- Short documentary based on story of Kyle and his birth family and adoptive family. “Finding identity: Growing up a transracial adoptee”
Don’t miss an episode. Be sure to subscribe.
Leave us a rating or review.
Music Credit: Michael Ashworth