Surviving Childhood Trauma and Succeeding in Life: Panel of Former Foster Youth
We talk with a panel of former foster youth about their stories and what helped them survive their childhood trauma and succeed in life.
In this episode, we cover:
- What were the two most important things in helping you heal and ultimately thrive after your years in foster care and early life trauma?
- Were there one or two people in your life who helped you overcome? What did they do to help?
- Why do you think you became a survivor when others in similar positions did not?
- If you are parents, how has your trauma from your early years impacted your parenting?
- While you are successful and are “survivors,” do you still carry some of the baggage from your childhood?
- What advice would you give foster, adoptive, and kinship parents to be most helpful to the children in their care?
Redefining Normal: How Two Foster Kids Beat The Odds and Discovered Healing, Happiness and Love – Justin & Alexis Black
Don’t miss an episode. Be sure to subscribe.
Leave us a rating or review.
Music Credit: Michael Ashworth
Image Credit: Kindel Media