Protecting our Kids from Sexual Exploitation
Foster youth or children who have been in the foster care system make up over 80% of children being sexually exploited. What can you do to prevent this from happening to your child? We talk with Audrey Morrissey, Co-Executive Director of My Life My Choice, a survivor-led nonprofit fighting sexual exploitation of youth.
In this episode, we cover:
- What are some of the different forms that sexual exploitation can take?
- What is included in sexual trafficking?
- Internet exploitation.
- How does grooming take place?
- Are foster children disproportionately represented in the sexually exploited population?
- Are children who have experienced trauma over represented?
- Seeking love and connection.
- Sexual exploit of boys?
- What can parents do to protect their children?
- What resources are available to parents and young people?
Don’t miss an episode. Be sure to subscribe.
Leave us a rating or review.
Music Credit: Michael Ashworth
Image Credit: Julia M Cameron