Dawn Davenport is Executive Director of Creating a Family, the national infertility & adoption education organization providing support and unbiased information before, during and after adoption or fertility treatment to help create strong families. She is host of the top-rated weekly radio show on these topics– Creating a Family: Talk about Adoption & Infertility. The show has won awards from both the US Department of Health and Human Services and Congress for their infertility and adoption education, as well the International Infertility Media award given at the ESHRE conference in Rome. It is listed on iTunes’s “What’s Hot for Families and Kids” list on their homepage. Creating a Family has the largest online social networking communities in both infertility and adoption, and has been rated as Top Influencer on Facebook and Twitter for adoption and one of the top 10 Influencers for infertility.
Meet our Board
Meet our Staff
Meet our Partners
Creating a Family Key Programs:
We started in 2007 with a vision of becoming the national resource for adoption and infertility education and support. This generation of adoptive parents gets their information online, so in order to meet them where they are, we have created the largest online social networking community in adoption and infertility. Our resources utilize all the cutting-edge Internet technology (web, audio, video, social media). We also strive to tailor our resources to fit different learning styles and time availability. Accurate, unbiased, and easy for busy parents to use, our resources connect our audience to the leading adoption and infertility experts working in the field today.
The forefront of our work begins with www.creatingafamily.org – one of the most comprehensive and up-to-date adoption and infertility websites offering over 1,500 pages and at least 4-5 pieces of new content each week. To help couples make informed choices, the major highlights of our website resources include:
- “A-Z Resource Guides” give users a comprehensive topical index and quick access to our extensive resources (audio interview, articles, fact sheets, videos, research summaries, and Expert Q&As)
- 400+ 1-hour archived and downloadable Radio Show/Podcast with interviews of leading national experts
- Over 100 AdoptEd for parents courses, which are expert-based Adoption Education Courses with certificates of completion
- 11 AdoptEd CE courses for social workers offered through a partnership with the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB)
- “Adoption Comparison Charts” that serve as a unique tool for helping couples choose what type of adoption is best them, as well as how international adoption differs by country
- Weekly email outreach bringing easy access to support and the latest in adoption and infertility
- Plus multi-media guides, webinars, research summaries, etc.
All these resources are free except for our online Adoption & Foster Education courses, which have a minimal charge.
In addition, Creating a Family also runs a moderated peer-to-peer online support group (pre and post adoption) with over 7,000 members.