Recurrent pregnancy loss, or miscarriage, is a little understood occurrence and is devastating to parents and doctors. Join our guest Dr. William Kutteh, Director of Fertility Associates of Memphis and researcher in the field of recurrent pregnancy loss, and Dr. Jeff McKeeby, with Shady Grove Fertility to talk about diagnosis and treatment.
- How common are miscarriages?
- What are the most common causes for recurrent pregnancy losses?
- How do auto-immune functions affect miscarriages?
- Are miscarriages more common with pregnancies resulting from assisted reproductive technology?
- Can a tendency to miscarry be genetic?
- How does the thyroid affect carrying a baby to term?
- What metabolic disease, such as diabetes and PCOS, affect your chances for miscarriage?
- What type of doctor should you see if you have had more than 2 pregnancy losses?
- What tests should be run by your doctor to determine the cause of your miscarriage?Is in vitro fertilization a good treatment for someone who can conceive, but is unable to carry the baby to term?
- Is high dose folic acid and Vitamin B6 effective at treating recurrent pregnancy loss?
- Is aspirin therapy effective at treating recurrent miscarriages?
- How effective is Preimplantation Genetic Screening (PGS) at preventing recurrent pregnancy loss?
- Should a woman who has suffered recurrent pregnancy loss be tested for natural killer cells.
- At what point should you stop trying to get pregnant. How many pregnancy losses are too many?
Subscribe to Creating a Family Radio:
- Subscribe, rate, and review in iTunes
- Subscribe to our radio RSS feed
- Subscribe to our blog RSS feed