Pregnancy after Infertility: How to Relax and Enjoy
Pregnancies after infertility treatment are often stressful and full of worry. How can you relax and enjoy this time? Host Dawn Davenport, Executive Director of Creating a Family, the national infertility & adoption education and support nonprofit, interviews Ali Domar, the Executive Director of the Domar Center for Mind/Body Health, and author of “Finding Calm for the Expectant Mom: Tools for Reducing Stress, Anxiety, and Mood Swings During Your Pregnancy”.
- Contrast between what you anticipate feeling when you are finally pregnant (blissful) and how you actually feel (nauseous, tired, and worried).
- Fantasy of the perfect pregnancy.
- Are pregnancies after fertility treatment more stressful?
- Why are pregnancies after fertility treatment so stressful?
- Are mood swings a normal part of pregnancy?
- How can we tell if they are going beyond normal?
- What does the research show about the effects of stress on the mom, the pregnancy, and on the baby?
- What are some tips that can help a woman relax and enjoy her pregnancy?
- How much exercise is acceptable for pregnant women?
- How to handle the worries about the health of the baby or the pregnancy?
- The stress of a pregnancy after recurrent miscarriages.
- Treating depression and anxiety in pregnancy.
- What if a woman is on antidepressants prior to getting pregnant?
- What is “eating healthy” in pregnancy?
- How careful do you need to be to get the proper nutrition for the baby?
- Stress of a twin pregnancy.
Don’t miss an episode. Be sure to subscribe.
Leave us a rating or review.
Image Credit: ___steph___