How Infertility Affects the Male Partner
What are some of the effects of infertility on a male partner? Host Dawn Davenport, Executive Director of Creating a Family, the national infertility & adoption education and support nonprofit, interviews Dr. Elizabeth A. Grill, Associate Professor of Psychology at The Center for Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Weill Medical College of Cornell University, and Dr. Ali Domar, Executive Director, at Domar Center for Mind/Body Health.
- What percentage of infertility is caused by male factor infertility? By a combination of male and female infertility?
- Do men experience infertility differently depending on if they or their partner are the primary cause of the infertility?
- Why does our society overlook the pain of the men when going through infertility?
- How do men often express grief?
- How do our societal and cultural beliefs about maleness and virility affect men going through infertility?
- How often is erectile dysfunction or impotency a secondary side effect of the stress of infertility?
- Making the decision to use donor sperm?
- How can the female partner help her husband cope with the effects of infertility and infertility treatment?
- How can the male partner help his wife cope with the effects of infertility and infertility treatment?
- How to handle the temptation for both partners to withdraw and suffer alone?
- How to maintain intimacy when going through fertility treatment?
- How to find a therapist that specializes in infertility?
- Apps mentioned in show:
Don’t miss an episode. Be sure to subscribe.
Leave us a rating or review.
Image credit: Ben Raynal