Gender Selection When Trying to Conceive
It is now possible to select the gender of your baby, but should you? What techniques are available? PGD gender selection? Natural sex selection methods? Are they effective? Can you utilize these sex selection techniques for family balancing? How much do these gender selection techniques cost? Should you even try to select the sex of your baby? Join our guest Dr. Harvey Stern to discuss the how, why, and should of preconception gender selection and family balancing. Dr. Harvey Stern is the Director of Genetics and the Fetal Diagnostic Center at the Genetics & IVF Institute and is the Medical Director of Fairfax Cryobank and of GIVF’s Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD) program. He is board certified in pediatrics and medical genetics, with subspecialty board certifications in clinical, biochemical and molecular genetics.
- Are their diets that are effective at making it more likely to conceive a girl or a boy?
- Does the pH of the vagina affect the gender of the child conceived?
- Does altering the pH of the vagina make it more likely that a couple will conceive a girl or boy?
- Does sperm sorting work for gender selection?
- Is the Ericsson method of gender selection effective?
- Is the MicroSort method of gender selection effective?
- How effective is the MicroSort method when trying to conceive a girl? A boy?
- How much does it cost to select the gender of your baby using the MicroSort technique?
- Where can you find a clinic that uses the MicroSort gender selection technique?
- Are there restrictions on who can use the sperm sorting techniques?
- Will infertility clinics or gynecologists allow couples who want to select the sex of their infant for family balancing?
- How does Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD) work and can it be used to choose the gender of your baby?
- Is it possible to determine the sex of an embryo being used for a frozen embryo transfer?
- What is the risk to the embryo with PGD?
- Is PGD safe for the baby?
- Are embryos that have had PGD performed on them more or less likely to implant and result in a pregnancy?
- What is gender selection for family balancing purposes?
- What is gender selection for social sexing purposes?
- What does PGD cost for gender selection?
- What is the total cost for PGD for gender selection?
- Is it ethical to select the gender of your child when you have medical reasons for choosing?
- Is it ethical to choose the sex of your baby if you prefer to have a boy or a girl?
- What percentage of people who want to select the gender of their baby, choose to have a boy?
- What percentage of people who want to select the gender of their baby, choose to have a girl?
- Does allowing gender selection shift the naturally occurring gender proportions in populations?
- If I have a child with autism, can I choose to have a girl to lower my risk of having another child with autism?
- Is it legal in the US to select the gender of your child?
- Are there ethical guidelines which discourage non-medical gender selection?