Foods and Diet That Can Increase Your Fertility
Can diet affect your fertility? What foods will increase your fertility or increase your chances of conceiving with infertility treatments, such as IVF? Can adding or avoiding specific foods increase the odds that you will conceive with or without infertility treatment or in vitro fertilization (IVF)? Host Dawn Davenport interviews Dr. Jeffrey Russell, Director of the Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine and a leading researcher on the impact of diet on fertility and fertility treatment.
Hit the Highlights
- What does the latest research show on how diet and nutrition affects fertility and the infertility treatment, including IVF?
- How many patients were in the study?
- What is the preferred ration of carbohydrates to protein to optimize maximum fertility and increase your chances of success with fertility treatment?
- Does it matter what type of protein you eat to increase your fertility? Plant based vs. animal based protein?
- What percentage protein should be in your diet to optimize egg quality?
- Is BMI or percentage protein most important in increasing the success of infertility treatment?
- Why does increasing the protein content of the diet increase fertility?
- What software or apps are best for determining the percentage protein?
- Can diet affect the typical egg quality deterioration that comes with aging?
- How long do you need to change your diet before you see an improvement in fertility?
- Does the quality of carbohydrates in your diet affect your fertility or the chances of successful infertility treatment?
- How can vegetarians and vegans alter their diet for optimal fertility?
- Does a high protein diet improve Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)?
- Will the fertility of those with PCOS improve with a higher protein diet?