Fibroids and Other Uterine Issues
What do you need to know if you are a person with uterine issues trying to conceive? Host Dawn Davenport, Executive Director of Creating a Family, the national infertility education and support nonprofit, interviews Dr. Tanmoy Mukherjee, a board-certified Gynecologist and Reproductive Endocrinologist, founding partner with with RMA of New York.
- What are uterine fibroids?
- What are the main symptoms of fibroids?
- Are tampons safe to use? I’m reading stuff about how they have been tested and found to have harmful chemicals in them? Are the sponge and cup safe to use or better to use.
- Who is most at risk for having fibroids?
- Is there a genetic connection to uterine fibroids?
- Are fibroids always a problem requiring treatment?
- Is the speed the fibroid is growing something to worry about? How should women track this?
- What other routine medical treatment should women with fibroids make sure they receive?
- Are their lifestyle changes that women with uterine fibroids should try?
- Does diet affect fibroids?
- What is the best way to medically treat uterine fibroids?
- When is a hysterectomy the preferred treatment?
- Can fibroids cause infertility?
- Can fibroids interfere with carrying a baby to term?
- What happens to fibroids during pregnancy? If a woman knows she has fibroids what should she be aware of when she is pregnant?
- Are their alternative medicine treatments that have been seen to be effective at treating uterine fibroids?
- Are women with fibroids at a higher risk for uterine cancer or reproductive tract cancers?
- What happens to fibroids after menopause?
- What are some other uterine issues that can cause problems for women both in general and when trying to get pregnant?
Don’t miss an episode. Be sure to subscribe.
Leave us a rating or review.
Image credit: Servier Medical Art