Affording Infertility: Grants and Affordability Programs Offered by Infertility Clinics
Infertility affects millions in the US, but the cost of fertility treatment is beyond the reach of many. In this first of a three part series, we will talk about grants and loans for fertility treatment as well as programs offered by many fertility clinics such as shared risk, bundled plans, refunds, and discounts. Join our guests Dr. Camille Hammond founder and Executive Director of the Cade Foundation, a non profit providing financial assistance and grants to families pursuing infertility treatment or adoption; and Dr. David Adamson a reproductive endocrinologist and Director of Fertility Physicians of Northern California in Palo Alto and San Jose, California. He is also the founder of Advanced Reproductive Care, a national network of infertility clinics innovative clinical and financial programs. ARC’s clinics are now in 40 states and currently provide approximately one-third of the in vitro fertilization services in the United States.
- What type of grants are available for infertility treatment?
- What types of treatment can be covered by grants?
- Will grants cover the cost of donor eggs or surrogacy?
- Loans or Financing for Infertility Treatment.
- What is the difference between loans you can get from a bank for fertility treatment and loans available from infertility clinics?
- What are the interest rates for these loans based on?
- Are loans available to cover donor eggs or surrogacy?
- Is financing available to cover fertility medications?
- Are loans or financing available for older infertility patients or those patients with lesser odds of success?
- Multi-cycle packages for IVF offered at fertility clinics.
- Bundled IVF cycles—reduced rate for 2 or 3 In Vitro Fertilization cycles
- Prepay for two or three cycles of IVF to receive a discount
- Prepaid IVF package discount
- Who should consider using the multicycle IVF packages?
- Is the total cost of treatment, including infertility drugs, included in the bundled IVF packages?
- Can the multicycle packages be used for donor egg or surrogacy?
- Refund programs for IVF. Shared risk programs.
- Who should consider a refund program for infertility treatment?
- Do all infertility clinics offer a shared risk/refund program?
- What happens if you get pregnant on the first of three IVF cycles if you have a guaranteed refund if the cycle fails?
- Money back guarantees for infertility treatment
- Sliding fee scale for fertility treatment.
- Discounts for infertility treatment.
- Shared help program offered by fertility clinics.
Subscribe to Creating a Family Radio:
- Subscribe, rate, and review in iTunes
- Subscribe to our radio RSS feed
- Subscribe to our blog RSS feed