A Girlfriend’s Guide to Infertility and Staying Happily Married
What would your infertile girlfriend tell you about infertility? What could she share about how infertility affects your marriage and your mental health? Host Dawn Davenport, Executive Director of Creating a Family, the national infertility & adoption education and support nonprofit, interviews Kristen Magnacca, author of Love and Infertility and Girlfriend to Girlfriend: A Fertility Companion.
- Infertility is often the first marital crisis a couple faces.
- It helps to develop a plan about what you are comfortable with, how far you’re willing to go, what are your other options, etc.
- What to do when you and your husband aren’t on the same page about what to do about your infertility, whether to use donor egg or sperm, whether to do IVF or ICSI, how much money to spend on assisted reproductive technology.
- How do you maintain balance in your life when trying to conceive?
- How do you keep the romance in your relationship when you are in fertility treatment?
- How do you handle the intrusive questions about why you don’t have children?
- How can you stay connected to your husband when coping with infertility?
Image credit: Jeffrey Pott
Show originally aired in 2009.