This course is designed for adoption professionals and pre/post-adoptive families.
1- Hour Online Audio Course (Certificate of completion will be immediately awarded upon successful completion of the course including passing a 10 question quiz with a grade of 80%)
Traveling with kids is hard enough when you know them and they know you. How in the world do you travel with a newly adopted child? How do you keep a child entertained during the plane, cab, car, bus rides that are inevitable? In this course, Brooke Randolph, a licensed mental health counselor, and founding team member MLJ Adoptions, Inc.; and Susie Doig, an adoption social worker with Holt International Adoption Agency, discuss how to make the trip home as smooth as possible.
This course includes:
- What steps can you take before you travel, but after you meet your child that will make traveling easier?
- How to gradually transition with your newly adopted child before you come home?
- What questions to ask your child’s caregiver when you have the chance before you bring your child home?
- Should you use pull-ups, if your child is already potty trained, for the trip home?
- How long do parents have to stay in-country with their child before they travel?
- Air travel suggestion when traveling with a newborn.
- Air travel suggestion when traveling with a baby.
- Air travel suggestions when traveling with a school aged child.
- What type of electronics are best to use when traveling with kids?
- #1 key to successful travel with children.
- How to prepare your child for using a car seat on the ride home?
Please contact the Education Director for technical assistance or disability accommodations.
Image credit: ryaninc