This course is designed for adoption professionals and pre/post-adoptive families.
1- Hour Online Audio Course (Certificate of completion will be immediately awarded upon successful completion of the course including passing a 10 question quiz with a grade of 80%)
Children with sensory processing disorder present unique challenges for parents. What is sensory processing disorder and what are the possible treatments? In this course, Carol Kranowitz, author of The Out-of-Sync Child, talks about this often perplexing and misdiagnosed disorder.
This course includes:
- What is Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD)?
- What are other conditions that SPD either mimics or accompanies?
- What are over-the-counter treatments for SPD?
- What are the three main categories of SPD?
- Are twins, triplets or other multiple births more likely to have SPD?
- Are children adopted from an institution more likely to have SPD?
Please contact the Education Director for technical assistance or disability accommodations.
Image credit: Tex Batmart