This course is designed for adoption professionals and pre/post-adoptive families.
1- Hour Online Audio Course (Certificate of completion will be immediately awarded upon successful completion of the course including passing a 10 question quiz with a grade of 80%)
How do we raise our kids to be resilient and self-disciplined? In this course, Dr. Robert Brooks, author of Raising Resilient Children and Raising a Self-Disciplined Child discusses how to raise healthy and happy children.
This course includes:
- What do we mean by a “resilient” child when we say raising a resilient child.
- The importance of accepting children for who they really are, not who we want them to be.
- When do you accept a child’s behavior and when do you try to change it?
- Is temperament genetic?
- The idea of “goodness of fit”
- How to handle an untruthful child
- Is “helicopter parenting” detrimental to raising a resilient child?
- How much communication between parents and children is healthy?
- Stay-at-home mothers vs. working parents
- The downside to labeling children
- Island of competence
- How can a parent handle an explosive child?
- Is spanking as a discipline technique detrimental to children?
- The importance of scheduling time to have fun with your children.
Please contact the Education Director for technical assistance or disability accommodations.
Image credit: looking4poetry