This course is designed for adoption professionals and pre/post-adoptive families.
1- Hour Online Audio Course (Certificate of completion will be immediately awarded upon successful completion of the course including passing a 10 question quiz with a grade of 80%)
How do we raise our kids to be resilient and self-disciplined? In this course, Dr. Robert Brooks, author of Raising Resilient Children and Raising a Self-Disciplined Child, discusses how to raise healthy and happy children.
This course includes:
- What do we mean by a “resilient” child when we say raising a resilient child?
- When do you accept a child’s behavior and when do you try to change it?
- Is temperament genetic?
- What is the “goodness of fit”?
- How can parents successfully handle an untruthful child?
- Is “helicopter parenting” detrimental to raising a resilient child?
- How much communication between parents and children is healthy?
- What is the downside to labeling children?
- What is the island of competence?
- How can a parent handle an explosive child?
Please contact the Education Director for technical assistance or disability accommodations.
Image credit: looking4poetry