This course is designed for adoption professionals and pre/post-adoptive families.
1- Hour Online Audio Course (Certificate of completion will be immediately awarded upon successful completion of the course including passing a 10 question quiz with a grade of 80%)
Raising a child with Attention Deficit Disorder is hard on kids and hard on parents. How can you best parent a child with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder and avoid frustration for both parent and child? In this course, Dr. Edward Hallowell, the ADHD guru and author of numerous books on ADD, including SuperParenting for ADD and Driven to Distraction, discusses parenting techniques that work with children with ADHD.
This course includes:
- What is Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and what are the common symptoms?
- What are the differences between different ADHD medications?
- What is the Cycle of Excellence and why is it important?
- How young is too young to diagnosis a child with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder and are there any advantages to an early diagnosis?
- How can parents lay good foundations for dealing with ADHD children under the age of two?
- Is there a connection between Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD) and ADHD?
- Is there an ADHD component to sleep disorders?
- What are executive functions and how can people with ADHD improve them?
- What are some resources for adults with ADHD?
- What is the overlap between learning differences and ADHD?
- Can altering the diet affect the behavior of a child with ADHD?
- How much does early life experiences affect a child’s ability to focus and can it improve in time without therapy?
Please contact the Education Director for technical assistance or disability accommodations.
Image credit: Alex Dodd