This course is designed for adoption professionals and pre/post-adoptive families.
1- Hour Online Audio Course (Certificate of completion will be immediately awarded upon successful completion of the course including passing a 10 question quiz with a grade of 80%)
What are the key elements to successful adoptive parenting? What do adopted children wish their parents knew? In this course, Sherrie Eldridge, and adult adoptee and the author of Twenty Things Adoptive Parents Need to Succeed, discusses how to talk about adoption with your child and some common dos and don’ts.
This course includes:
- How can parents talk with kids about their adoption?
- How can parents share really difficult birth parent history with children? Our guest, Sherrie Eldridge, found out during her reunion with her birth mother that she was conceived after a rape. She shared with us how this made her feel and how adoptive parents can handle this information.
- What should adoptive parents do if their children are not interested in talking about adoption?
- Why do adopted children have mixed emotions about being adopted and how do they express those feelings?
- What is the overwhelming need of most adopted persons?
- Who is the “real” parent of adopted kids?
Please contact the Education Director for technical assistance or disability accommodations.
Image credit: ktbuffy