This course is designed for adoption professionals and pre/post-adoptive families.
1- Hour Online Audio Course (Certificate of completion will be immediately awarded upon successful completion of the course including passing a 10-question quiz with a grade of 80%)
Parenting children who are just a little bit more intense, sensitive or energetic can be difficult. How can you make you and your child’s life easier? In this course, Mary Sheedy Kurcinka, author of Raising Your Spirited Child, discusses parenting tips for raising a child who does not fit the mold or is a little higher maintenance.
This course includes:
- What are the temperamental characteristics of raising a spirited child?
- Do early environmental factors affect a child’s temperament?
- What is the difference between temperament and personality?
- What is the difference between a spirited child and a child with sensory processing disorder or ADHD?
- How do spirited children behave as teenagers?
- How does a parent’s temperament impact how they parent?
- How do spirited children handle transitions?
- How can parents plan a schedule that their child can thrive in?
Please contact the Education Director for technical assistance or disability accommodations.
Image credit: Rachel Gonzales