This course is designed for adoption professionals and pre/post-adoptive families.
1- Hour Online Audio Course (Certificate of completion will be immediately awarded upon successful completion of the course including passing a 10-question quiz with a grade of 80%)
This course includes:
- What are the temperamental characteristics of raising a spirited child?
- Do early environmental factors affect a child’s temperament?
- What is the difference between temperament and personality?
- What is the difference between a spirited child and a child with sensory processing disorder?
- What is the difference between a spirited child and a child with ADHD?
- The importance of letting go of the idea of a “dream” child.
- Raising a spirited child as a teenager. How do spirited children behave as teenagers?
- How does a parent’s temperament impact how they parent?
- How do spirited children handle transitions?
- How can parents plan a schedule that their child can thrive in?
- How should parents deal with picky eaters?
- How can parents help their children deal with holidays and vacations?
Please contact the Education Director for technical assistance or disability accommodations.
Image credit: Rachel Gonzales