This course is designed for adoption professionals and pre/post-adoptive families.
1- Hour Online Audio Course (Certificate of completion will be immediately awarded upon successful completion of the course including passing a 10 question quiz with a grade of 80%)
How do parents promote attachment while also keeping their child from running wild? Dawn Davenport, Executive Director of Creating a Family, the national infertility & adoption education and support nonprofit, interviews Deborah Gray, MSW, MPA, author of Attaching in Adoption and Attaching Through Love, Hugs, and Play. In this course, Deborah explores discipline techniques that social workers can teach adoptive parents to help them discipline their children while maintaining a strong attachment.
This Course Includes:
- How does trauma affect attachment and should it impact the way parents discipline?
- What is the role of positive enforcement in disciplining adopted children?
- What are positive enforcement techniques parents can use?
- What makes an effective disciplinary reward system?
- What are some parenting tools that should be in every adoptive parent’s tool kit?
- What are disciplinary techniques to address challenging behaviors such as lying and stealing?
- What are some effective ways to discipline teens?
Please contact the Education Director for technical assistance or disability accommodations.