This course is designed for adoption professionals and pre/post-adoptive families.
1- Hour Online Audio Course (Certificate of completion will be immediately awarded upon successful completion of the course including passing a 10 question quiz with a grade of 80%)
Parenting children who were adopted from traumatic backgrounds can be challenging. In this course, Dr. Gregory Keck, author of Parenting the Hurt Child and renowned expert in attachment and bonding, discusses warning signs of attachment issues and RAD, how to cope with challenging behaviors, and what parents can do to help their adopted children attach and heal.
This course includes:
- What are the signs of possible attachment issues in adopted children?
- What is normal development vs. an attachment issue?
- When should parents be concerned about attachment?
- What techniques can help re-create the attachment cycle?
- How to find a therapist that specializes in attachment issues?
Please contact the Education Director for technical assistance or disability accommodations.hugoberthe