This course is designed for adoption professionals and pre/post-adoptive families.
1- Hour Online Audio Course (Certificate of completion will be immediately awarded upon successful completion of the course including passing a 10 question quiz with a grade of 80%)
Domestic and international adoptions are expensive. Not everyone has the money just sitting around in their savings to spend. How can families raise the money needed to pay for adopting a child? In this course, Creating a Family Executive Director Dawn Davenport and Chris Hogan from Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace University discuss how the savings techniques in Total Money Makeover can help families start their family without going into debt.
This course includes:
- Adoption can cost $30,000, which is a lot of money for most families. How can couples approach amassing this much money?
- Why debt is so destructive?
- How can families bring in more money?
- Why is it important to know where your money goes?
- How do you budget when you are saving for something big?
- What is zero-based budgeting?
- What is the envelope method of financial management that Dave Ramsey suggests?
- Should you seek an adoption grant or loan?
- Should you borrow money from your family?
Please contact the Education Director for technical assistance or disability accommodations.401(K) 2012