This course is designed for adoption professionals and pre/post-adoptive families.
1- Hour Online Audio Course (Certificate of completion will be immediately awarded upon successful completion of the course including passing a 10 queastion quiz with a grade of 80%)
Parent-child relationships affect child behavior and parental happiness. In this course, Dr. Beth Grosshans, clinical psychologist and author of Beyond Time-Out: From Chaos to Calm discusses how 50 years of parenting advice—with its emphasis on talking, focusing on self-esteem, and time-outs—has disrupted the balance of family power and is largely to blame for today’s lack of discipline.
This course includes:
- What makes it difficult for parents to establish authority?
- Are parents who struggle to become families more or less authoritarian with their children?
- What is the imbalance of power?
- What are the warning signs of an imbalance of power?
- How can parents effectively discipline their children?
Please contact the Education Director for technical assistance or disability accommodations.
Image credit: Childsplayx3