This course is designed for adoption professionals and pre/post-adoptive families.
1- Hour Online Audio Course (Certificate of completion will be immediately awarded upon successful completion of the course including passing a 10 question quiz with a grade of 80%)
Adoption can be expensive. So expensive, in fact, that some people believe they can’t afford to adopt. In this course, Dawn Davenport, Creating a Family’s Executive Director, and her guest discuss saving money, budgeting, adoption grants, adoption loans, and adoption fundraisers and how to grow your family without growing your debt. The course’s guests are Becky Fawcett, Executive Director of Help Us Adopt; Julie Gumm, author of Adopt Without Debt: Creative Ways to Cover the Cost of Adoption; and Cherri Walrod, Director of Resources 4 Adoption.
This course includes:
- How can families budget and save money?
- How can families save money on groceries?
- Do warehouse stores like Sam’s and Costco really save people money? Is it worth the joining fee?
- What are ways that families can increase the amount they earn?
- Should you fundraise for adoption?
- In general, what type of fundraisers seem to raise the most money.
- What type of adoption grants are available?
- How do you know if an adoption grant is legitimate or just a scam to get you to pay an application fee?
- When in the process should people apply for a grant? Do all grants require applicants to already have their homestudy?
- What do grant agencies look for when choosing who to award a grant to?
- Should you directly ask family and friends to contribute towards your adoption?
- What are adoption loans?
Please contact the Education Director for technical assistance or disability accommodations.Tax Credits