This course is designed for adoption professionals and pre/post-adoptive families.
1- Hour Online Audio Course (Certificate of completion will be immediately awarded upon successful completion of the course including passing a 10-question quiz with a grade of 80%)
This course includes:
- Are adopted teens who aren’t talking about being adopted not thinking about adoption?
- The importance of parents being comfortable discussing adoption.
- What subjects should adoptive parents bring up with their adopted teens?
- How should parents bring up the subject of adoption with their children?
- What should parents do with children who refuse to discuss adoption?
- How much should parents protect their children?
- Focusing on the positives, not the negatives, of adoption.
- Adoptive identity and narrative burden.
- How to deal with children’s interest about their birthparents?
- The role of fathers in bringing up adoption.
- What should parents do when they do not know the answers to their children’s questions?
Please contact the Education Director for technical assistance or disability accommodations.