The good news is that recent advances in chromosomal testing of embryos and miscarried fetuses are helping prevent more miscarriages.
In the meantime, the following statistic should give you some peace: 70% of woman that have had up to four miscarriages will successfully carry a baby to term.
Here are a few great places to begin to understand the causes, treatments, and coping with recurrent pregnancy loss, including Creating a Family radio show/podcasts in which we interview with leading doctors and therapists.
- Forgiving Yourself After a Miscarriage (blog post)
- How Can I Support My Friend Through a Miscarriage? (blog post)
- Finally Pregnant After Infertility – Now What? (blog post)
- Coping with Pregnancy Loss and Miscarriage (1 hr. radio show w/ expert)
- Understanding and Preventing Miscarriage and Recurrent Pregnancy Loss (1 hr. radio show w/ expert)
- Suggested Books about Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss
Many more Creating a Family radio shows with experts, videos, blogs, fact sheets, and Q and A’s with Experts on miscarriage can be found at the icons below.
Image credit: Ahren