Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss
The good news is that recent advances in chromosomal testing of embryos and miscarried fetuses are helping prevent more miscarriages. In the meantime, the following statistic should give you some peace: 70% of woman that have had up to four miscarriages will successfully carry a baby to term.
Check out the Creating a Family blogroll of bloggers who talk about miscarriage and pregnancy loss.
Here are a few great places to begin to understand the causes, treatments, and coping with recurrent pregnancy loss are these Creating a Family radio shows with interviews with leading doctors and therapists.
- Finally Pregnant After Infertility – Now What? (blog post)
- 5 Things You Need to Know About Miscarriage (blog post)
- Miscarriage Infographic (blog post)
- Coping with Miscarriages and Stillbirths (1 hr. radio show w/ experts)
- Latest Developments in Treatment of Recurrent Pregnancy Loss (1 hr. radio show w/ experts)
- Suggested Books about Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss
Many more Creating a Family radio shows with experts, videos, blogs, fact sheets, and Q and A’s with Experts on miscarriage can be found at the icons below.
Image credit: Ahren