The good news is that recent advances in chromosomal testing of embryos and miscarried fetuses are helping prevent more miscarriages. In the meantime, the following statistic should give you some peace: 70% of woman that have had up to four miscarriages will successfully carry a baby to term.
Check out the Creating a Family blogroll of bloggers who talk about miscarriage and pregnancy loss.
Two great places to begin to understand the causes, treatments, and coping with recurrent pregnancy loss are these Creating a Family radio shows with interviews with leading doctors and therapists.
- Miscarriage: The Death of a Dream Child (blog)
- Miscarriage Land Mine – “How Many Children Do You Have?” (blog)
- 5 Easy Lifestyle Changes To Reduce Risk of Miscarriage (tip sheet)
- Latest Developments in Treatment of Recurrent Pregnancy Loss (1 hour radio show with experts)
- Suggested Books about Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss
Many more Creating a Family radio interviews with experts, videos, blogs, fact sheets, and Q and A’s with Experts on miscarriage can be found at the icons below.Image credit: Ahren