Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss
It is incredible how little useful information is available on recurrent miscarriages. This is partly because there is no medical specialty in miscarriage prevention and treatment.
The good news is that recent advances in chromosomal testing of embryos and miscarried fetuses are helping prevent more miscarriages.
In the meantime, the following statistic should give you some peace: 70% of women that have had up to four miscarriages will successfully carry a baby to term.
Here are a few great places to begin to understand the causes, treatments, and coping with recurrent pregnancy loss, including Creating a Family radio show/podcasts in which we interview with leading doctors and therapists.
- Men Who Want to Be Dads: The Forgotten Ones of Infertility (article)
- Forgiving Yourself After a Miscarriage (article)
- How Can I Support My Friend Through a Miscarriage? (article)
- Understanding and Preventing Miscarriage and Recurrent Pregnancy Loss (1 hr. podcast w/ expert)
- How Our Immune System Affects Fertility and Miscarriage (1 hr. podcast w/ expert)
- Coping with Pregnancy Loss and Miscarriage (1 hr. podcast w/ expert)
- Suggested Books about Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss
Many more Creating a Family radio shows with experts, videos, blogs, fact sheets, and Q and A’s with Experts on miscarriage can be found at the icons below.
Image credit: Ahren