Explaining Infertility to Families and Friends
One of the hardest things about infertility is the lack of understanding of this disease. Our family and friends often do not understand about the causes of infertility, the types of treatment available and their success rates and cost. Adoption is often viewed as an “easy cure for infertility”. In addition to suffering from this disease, the infertile often have to explain it to their friends and family.
Creating a Family has many resources to help you explain infertility to your family and friends. A few we think you will find the following blogs particularly helpful are:
- Do You Hide Your Infertility Struggle? (blog post)
- “Adoption is Not the Same as Having a Child of Your Own” (blog post)
- Ten Snarky Answers to “When Are you Going to Have Kids?” (slightly irreverent blog post)
- Top Ten Myths About Infertility (tip sheet)
- Infertility Etiquette Navigating Infertility Without Getting Hurt or Hurting Others (1 hr. radio interview)
Many more Creating a Family radio interviews with experts, videos, blogs, fact sheets, and Q and A’s with Experts on explaining infertility to friends and family can be found at the icons below.
Image credit: Joelle Inge-Messerschmidt