One of the hardest things about infertility is the lack of understanding we face around us about this disease. Family and friends often do not understand the causes of infertility, the various types of treatment available and their success rates, or the cost. Adoption is often viewed by others as an “easy cure for our infertility.” In addition to suffering from this disease, the infertile often have to explain it to their friends and family.
Creating a Family has many resources to help you with Explaining Infertility to Family and Friends. A few we think you will find the following blogs particularly helpful are:
- Why Should Donor-Conceived Families Be Publicly Embarrassed? (blog post)
- Did Anything Positive Come Out of Your Infertility Struggles? (blog post)
- Infertility from a Man’s Perspective (blog post)
- A Girlfriend’s Guide to Infertility And Staying Happily Married (1 hr. radio show with experts)
- Infertility Etiquette Navigating Infertility Without Getting Hurt or Hurting Others (1 hr. radio show with experts)
Many more Creating a Family radio interviews with experts, videos, blogs, fact sheets, and Q and A’s with Experts on explaining infertility to friends and family can be found at the icons below.
Image credit: Joelle Inge-Messerschmidt