Using Integrative Medicine in Fertility Treatment
How can integrative medicine be used in fertility treatment? What alternative treatments work to increase your chance of success with infertility? What complimentary medicine techniques can help when trying to conceive? Our guest today to talk about integrative medicine in infertility treatment and IVF is Dr. Carmelo Sgarlata, a reproductive endocrinologist and the director of Integrative Medicine at the Reproductive Science Center of the Bay Area.
- What do we mean by integrative medicine and how does it differ from complimentary medicine and alternative treatment?
- Acupuncture and IVF
- What does the research show about the effectiveness of acupuncture to treat infertility?
- Does acupuncture increase the pregnancy rate of in vitro fertilization?
- What is included in traditional Chinese medicine?
- What type of diet is good for fertility?
- Are there specific foods infertility patients should include in their diet or avoid when doing IVF treatments?
- What role does nutrition play in fertility?
- What herbs or supplements has research shown to be efffective in fertility treatment?
- How is DHEA used in fertility treatment and who should take it?
- How is Myo-inositol used in fertility treatment and who should take it?
- How is Coenzyme Q-10 (CoQ10) used in fertility treatment and who should take it?
- Has research shown that yoga is effective at improving pregnancy rates for those who have infertility?
- What type of yoga is the best to practice if trying to get pregnant with fertility treatment?
- Does meditation increase pregnancy rates?
- If you are getting ready to undergo IVF, what type of mind/body work is best for pregnancy chances?
- How much alcohol is safe to drink when preparing for in vitro fertilization (IVF)?
- How effective are Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction classes in improving pregnancy rates in infertility treatment?
Subscribe to Creating a Family Radio:
- Subscribe, rate, and review in iTunes
- Subscribe to our radio RSS feed
- Subscribe to our blog RSS feed