Techniques That Can Increase Your Odds with IVF
What can you do to increase your chances for a successful IVF cycle? Host Dawn Davenport, Executive Director of Creating a Family, the national infertility & adoption education and support nonprofit, interviews Dr. Julie Lamb, a board certified reproductive endocrinologist at Pacific NW Fertility in Seattle and serves as clinical faculty at the University of Washington.
- Advances in the field that are resulting in increased pregnancy and live birth rates.
- Embryo transfer protocol.
- Single embryo transfer. What does the latest research show on success rates when transferring one embryo vs. transferring two embryos?
- Genetic testing of embryos
- Personalized infertility treatment: ERA, receptive, carrier screening and embryo testing
- Is there a difference in the embryo culture medium used in IVF?
- In-vivo culture for growing embryos.
- Other advances in embryology that have resulted in increased birth rates?
- Advances in egg retrieval techniques.
- Why do different doctors use different IVF protocols:
- What can a patient do to increase her chances of success when she starts an IVF cycle and before the embryo transfer?
- Is there anything that can be done to improve egg quality?
- Have there been advances in the field that help older women get pregnant?
Image credit: Instituto Bernabeu