The Role of Emotions in Treating Infertility
Host Dawn Davenport, Executive Director of Creating a Family, the national infertility & adoption education and support nonprofit, interviews Dr. Ali Domar, a leading expert in mind/body medicine, Director of the Mind/Body Center for Women’s Health at Boston IVF, and Assistant Professor of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Biology at Harvard Medical School.
- What role does stress play in getting pregnant in general, and with IVF specifically?
- Does stress impact your chances of success with infertility treatment and in vitro fertilization?
- What are some physical symptoms caused by stress? In other words, what should people be on the look out for in order to know if their stress level is getting too high?
- What are some techniques for handling the symptoms of stress?
- When should you seek professional help?
- How to handle the holidays when infertile (Thanksgiving, Hanukah, Christmas, Halloween, Easter, Mothers’ Day, etc.)
- How to get your family to understand and be supportive.
- Signs of depression.
- Why are the holidays particularly troublesome for the infertile?
- Tips for handling stress during the holidays.
- Financial stress caused by infertility and its treatment— The business of infertility.
- How does infertility affect the couple?
Subscribe to Creating a Family Radio:
Image credit: Rowena Waack
Show originally aired in 2015.