Practical Considerations When Going Abroad for Treatment
Increasingly US citizens are looking abroad for infertility treatment, while those in other countries are coming to the US to receive fertility treatments not available or legal in their country. What are the practical considerations for infertility tourism? Host Dawn Davenport interviewed Kathryn Kaycoff-Manos co-founder of the Agency for Surrogacy Solutions and Global IVF, an informational website to help intended parents from all over the world. She is a mom herself through surrogacy and egg donation, and knows firsthand how much of a toll financially, physically as well as emotionally infertility can take on a person. Our other guest is Sue Taylor, an IVF consultant with over 27 years’ experience in the healthcare industry, assisting patients with selecting an IVF clinic, or with the practicalities of traveling to another country for fertility treatments. She blogs at IVFTraveler.com.
- For US citizens going abroad for infertility treatment, what is the most common treatment being sought abroad?
- What is the most common reason for infertility tourism?
- For foreign citizens coming to the US, what is the most common treatment being sought in the US?
- What is the most common reason for coming to the US for fertility treatment?
- What information is available on egg donors in countries outside of the US?
- How much information is provided to intended parents on potential egg donors?
- Can intended parents choose the egg donor or do the clinics assign the donor?
- Are pictures of egg donors available in other countries?
- Can you find known donors abroad or only anonymous donors?
- What countries have Caucasian egg donors?
- How much money can you save by going abroad for egg donation?
- How much money can you save by going abroad for surrogacy?
- What are the immigration issues when going abroad for donor egg or surrogacy?
- What issues to consider with unused frozen embryos left over after treatment is complete?
- How to select a fertility clinic abroad?
- What hidden fees should you look for?
- What issues to consider when going abroad for surrogacy?
- What advanced reproductive technology is commonly available in other countries?
- How many embryos are commonly transferred in countries outside of the US?
- How to determine success rates for foreign infertility clinics?
- How can infertility patients from abroad find egg donors of specific ethnicities?
- Are frozen egg banks commonly used by foreigners coming to the US for fertility treatment?
- Are there universal accreditation standard for embryology laboratories in other countries?
- How are embryology labs rated in other countries?
Subscribe to Creating a Family Radio:
- Subscribe, rate, and review in iTunes
- Subscribe to our radio RSS feed
- Subscribe to our blog RSS feed