Mini IVF and Natural IVF
Some women with infertility fear the medications used in in vitro fertilization. Is it possible to use less or no medications and still succeed in getting pregnant? Host Dawn Davenport, Executive Director of Creating a Family, the national infertility & adoption education and support nonprofit, interviews: Dr. Fran Yelian, a MD, PhD reproductive endocrinologist specializing in minimal stimulation IVF and natural cycle IVF; and Dr. Joe Massey, a reproductive endocrinologist at Servy Massey Fertility Institute.
- What is Natural Cycle In Vitro Fertilization?
- Who should consider using natural cycle IVF?
- Why are older women a good candidate for natural cycle IVF?
- What are the advantages to this alternative to traditional IVF?
- What are the disadvantages of this type of IVF?
- What are the success rates for natural cycle IVF?
- What is Minimal Stimulation In Vitro Fertilization?
- How much fertility medication is used with Mini IVF?
- What is the procedure when using less injectable gonadotropins?
- What is the protocol when using minimal stimulation IVF?
- Who is a good candidate to use Minimal IVF?
- What are the advantages to milder forms of IVF?
- What are the disadvantages of this cheaper type of IVF?
- What are the success rates for Minimal Stimulation IVF?
- What is the cost of a typical Mini Stim cycle?
- Is minimal stimulation a gentler IVF or more patient friendly type of IVF?
- How do other clinics lower the cost of traditional IVF without using less fertility medication?
- Is it possible to maintain pregnancy success rates from IVF and still save money?
Don’t miss an episode. Be sure to subscribe.
Leave us a rating or review.
Image Credit: Pejman Parvandi
Show originally aired in 2014.